I love pasta, however I have been trying to eat healthier. This recipe is pretty healthy, super easy to make, and don’t let me forget delicious. Me and my family make this recipe all the time. In the summer we substitute store-bought veggies to garden fresh which makes the recipe even better. You can always customize this recipe to what you and your family enjoy.
- Noodles- I used whole wheat penne noodles but you can use any type of noodles that you have available.
- Greens-I like to use spring mix that has baby lettuce and baby greens in it.
- Onions- I used one small sweet Vidalia onion.
- Tomatoes– I used cherries tomatoes in this but any kind does good. You can even use petite canned diced tomatoes.
- Olive Oil- You need just enough to coat all your noodles and veggies in and cook your onions in.
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- The first thing you need to do is cook your pasta and drain it. I do this while I am preparing everything else.
- Next, you need to wash and cut up all your veggies. I just cut my tomatoes in half, diced my onion, and cut my greens into smaller pieces.
- In a large frying pan I put a little olive oil in it and cooked my onions to caramelize them.
- I then turned the heat down on low heat and threw in my noodles, greens, tomatoes, and a little more olive oil to coat the rest of my veggies and noodles in.
5. I seasoned it to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic.
6. Then, I cook it until my greens and tomatoes are wilted and cooked down.
7. Last, I sprinkle parmesan cheese on it to taste.
This recipe is perfect for all year round and doesn’t take much time out of your day. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as me and my family do!